Hi I'm Mandi Lynn
I'm New Zealand's 2017 Creative Photographer of the Year but what I really am is a Mojo Artist.
I work in two realms: Body Positivity and Creativity
In the Body Positive world
- I help you learn to love the skin you are in by taking insanely beautiful photos of your inner beauty brought to the surface. (see above awards...seriously I am good at this stuff)
- I teach courses that help you stop being a jerk to your body...you know what I mean...by giving it a hard time for not walking around like a photoshopped genetically impossible Instagram post.
- I help you learn to treat your body like your best friend... Grey hairs, luscious bits, and all.
In the creative world
- I show you common blocks to your best work and help you navigate around them.
When you learn to treat your body as your best friend you have more energy to make really really cool creations. When you are caught up in body wars your creative energy is sapped. And to be frank the world needs more powered up creative people...plus they are so much more interesting to hang with.
So yes I take pictures...but mostly I help your inner awesome come out to play.
I take photos that make you feel good about yourself.
- Do you hide cringe when some one whips out a camera?
- Have you been known to use a small child as a human shield when a camera is aimed at you?
- Cool, you are my kind of person...helping camera challenged people is what I specialize in.
If you struggle to take good photos it is because of your mask...the fear face that pops up when ever you sense a camera aimed at you. I help you shed the fear and drop the mask...which is why my photos of you look so beautiful.
I Teach courses that help you bust through your blocks
- A creative course for those whose best creative work is still inside of them.
- A Body Positive Course that teaches you techniques to look your best when faced with a camera.
- A Body Positive workshop that takes you on a journey to end the body wars and learn to become your body's best friend.
Every Good Artist Needs a Passion Project
I help people to release their inner beauty. That can be photographically or helping them to do their best work creatively. But in both cases that is cut off at the base if there is no respect for their own body. Our body is our tool given to us to help us make our best work. If we are at war with it...well then energy is taken away from our creations.
So I have started at the beginning. And have focused all of my spare time and energy on developing a cheeky form of artivism. (it is where art and activism have a cute little golden baby)
The goal is to help the 95% of women not featured in mainstream media to be seen, honoured, and celebrated. And to create more compassionate communities.
P.S. If you follow this link you will probably see boobs. If boobs tend to blind you with their radiant awesomeness...best not to click.