Hi I'm Mandi and I see Mojo.
I'm a creative who could never settle on just one medium. It used to concern me that I was too unfocused but then I discovered the thread that was the same through all of my work. And you guessed it...Mojo.
Mojo fascinates me.
I lost mine in my teens. Then I found it again in my late 30's. Every day I work with women on their hunt for theirs. And I usually find it behind the lens of my camera.
I find it then I celebrate the heck out of it.
I work in two realms: Body Mojo and Creative Mojo
In the Body Mojo world
- My team of awesome volunteers (the Luscious Order of Golden Shieldmaidens) and myself are hosting body positive events around the country.
- The day events are targeted at tweens / teens and their mothers helping to establish body positive dialog in the home by having a brilliant anchoring day at a crucial window of development.
- The evening events are for women to come face to face with their body shame issues and take a compassionate response to them while at the same time becoming part of a body positive work of art.
In the creative world
- I am directing a Body Positive Documentary with a brilliant all female Kiwi film crew featuring the mothers and daughters of Aotearoa.
- With the brave women of Aotearoa, I am creating a counterpoint to the 400-600 photoshopped images we see each day called Every Body is a Treasure.
- I am making an art book about tweens (mostly because I think they are the missing link to our Mojo as women).
When you learn to treat your body as your best friend you have more energy to make really really cool creations. When you are caught up in body wars your creative energy is sapped. And to be frank the world needs more powered up creative people...plus they are so much more interesting to hang with.
So yes I take pictures...but mostly I help your inner awesome come out to play.
My belly hurt from the laughter…
Thank you for providing such a fun and powerful experience for myself and my two girls. Becoming a Golden maiden was overwhelming but a game changer for me. My belly hurt from the laughter, and my heart is still bursting with pride for myself and just awe of the of the incredible women i was surrounded by. Xx
I had no idea what to expect…
To be honest I had no idea what to expect when I took my daughters to the photo shoot and workshops for Finding Venus, but I’m so glad I did. To share this day with my daughters and so many other amazing girls and women was actually quite moving. The message of respecting others and loving yourself is just such an important one. My girls felt safe to get involved, express themselves, share their feelings honestly and just have fun together. Thank you Madi Lynn. �
I just want to do it all again next weekend…
What an amazing day/night, shared with beautiful women of all ages. I was unsure of what to expect leading up to it, but the whole experience was just so awesome I just want to do it all again next weekend. There were a few tears at times, lots of laughs and fun and honesty and bravery from women and girls from all walks of life. The golden shoot at the end was the icing on the cake. Thank you Mandi Lynn and your team - you’re doing such great work �
I take photos that make you feel good about yourself.
- Do you hide cringe when some one whips out a camera?
- Have you been known to use a small child as a human shield when a camera is aimed at you?
- Cool, you are my kind of person...helping camera challenged people is what I specialize in.
If you struggle to take good photos it is because of your mask...the fear face that pops up when ever you sense a camera aimed at you. I help you shed the fear and drop the mask...which is why my photos of you look so beautiful.
I Teach courses that help you bust through your blocks
- A creative course for those whose best creative work is still inside of them.
- A Body Positive Course that teaches you techniques to look your best when faced with a camera.
- A Body Positive workshop that takes you on a journey to end the body wars and learn to become your body's best friend.
Every Good Artist Needs a Passion Project
I help people to release their inner beauty. That can be photographically or helping them to do their best work creatively. But in both cases that is cut off at the base if there is no respect for their own body. Our body is our tool given to us to help us make our best work. If we are at war with it...well then energy is taken away from our creations.
So I have started at the beginning. And have focused all of my spare time and energy on developing a cheeky form of artivism. (it is where art and activism have a cute little golden baby)
The goal is to help the 95% of women not featured in mainstream media to be seen, honoured, and celebrated. And to create more compassionate communities.
P.S. If you follow this link you will probably see boobs. If boobs tend to blind you with their radiant awesomeness...best not to click.