So it is getting close to that time.
New Years resolutions and all that jazz.
Consistency, Follow Through. Not always the easiest thing for an artist prone to chase the next most delicious thing in my sight. Plus I simply get bored easily. So this year hand on heart I am going to work on one of my challenges…consistency. The best way I can think to do it is to commit to doing one thing each day…every day. Even when I feel like shit. Even when there are far too many things ping ponging around in my head.
So what am I committing to?
The Block and Flow Show – Morning Me Time. 5am-10am – Dance. Art. Study. Write. Which will all culminate in a daily Instagram about the results. The content will be about overcoming blocks to creativity, blocks to health, blocks to living your gifts. Through one luscious sized, sometimes squirrel brained artists attempts to make a fine art out of being incredibly human.
In a world of surface fluffy pictures that often leave you feeling a bit inferior for what is showcased…I promise to zig to that zag. I am going to show you some beauty but I am also going to share the struggles of the journey. The days when I feel far less than amazing. I will show you my drawings that I do after my morning Chakra dances and talk to you about what they mean to me.
My hope with all of this public facing stuff is that you will see a struggle…relate…and find your own strength to up your game somewhere and then we all win right?
So this year this is what I have on my plate:
- Block and Flow – A fine art photography series that explores the very human archetypes that exist when energy is excessive, balanced, or diminished in a chakra (last year I didn’t have the first clue what a chakra was…but oh have I discovered something cool that is universal to this adventure of being human).
- Block and Flow Show – Daily instagram, and eventually a podcast of collections of bits of wisdom from people I meet on the adventure to clear my own blocks to full Creative Mojo Power Activation.
- My Dad probably has cancer…inevitable but will be an interesting adventure through the inevitable daddy issues and facing mortality of one that is dearly loved in a sometimes challenging way.
- My A La Mojo Studio which turns women’s inner beauty into art, helps them to see the gift that they are to the world, and by doing so keeps food in our bellies and a roof over our head, and funds the Block and Flow adventures.
- My son is in his last year of high-school in New Zealand and wants to go to MIT. 15 year old bonus son struggling with the point of school but is unfolding as a beautifully dedicated musician and gentle soul who rarely has a guitar out of his hands, and oldest bonus daughter is living at home and going to commercial dancing school…teen daughter = challenging (I was worse though I am sure…serious karma time).
The First Day of Dancing early morning
Here is the link to the Instagram feed where I posted it